BS Forest Management – Humboldt State University, Arcata, California. Spent 13 years in the forests of Oregon, Washington, and California as a consulting and industrial Forester. After that career joined Hewlett Packard in Corvallis, Oregon and spent time in Manufacturing, Accounting (General and Cost Accounting), and finished my career as a Data Base Manager in Roseville, California. Retired in 2005.
- Selected as the recipient of the Honorary Ranger, California State Park Ranger Association, cspra.com for 2020.
- Placer County History Award for 2020.
- Native Sons of the Golden West, Auburn Parlor #59 – 1991 to present.
- Native Sons of the Golden West Grand President 2011 – 2012.
- Historical Preservation Foundation Board Member 2001 – 2021.
- Historical Preservation Foundation Chairman 2001 – 2004, 2012 – 2020.
Leadership & Community Involvement
Joined the Native Sons at Auburn Parlor #59 in 1991 and immediately became interested at the local level progressing up to Parlor President in 1996. Around 1993 I got more involved at the Grand Parlor level with various committee appointments and have continued since that time. I joined the HPF in May of 2001 after the California Sesquicentennial
In addition, on the Board of the DeWitt Community Complex www.dccnortharuburn.org and a contributing member of the Western States Trail Museum.
Board Member Gold Discovery Park Association in Coloma, California 2003-2006. Served as Interim Executive Directory in 2005 and 2007.